Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Praise the Lord

Okay so on Saturday Hannah started to get sick and I never really though much about it and thought that she would be just fine the next day and we would be off to church in the morning. Well on sunday she was still really sick she had a headache and belly ache high fever (39.7 or 103.6) and vomiting so I just let her rest of course and than she went to bed for the night and slept all night the next day (monday) she got up and she was still feeling really yucky and even worse. So I called our doctor and got in to see him and he had a urine sample that came back from last monday and it had some bacteria in it (quite high levels actually) and he gave her some meds for that but I was really concerened about the headache and she also complained about moving her head and that the bright lights bothered her so I waited a bit longer in the afternoon and she was really feeling horriable and vomiting anything she ate or drank (she could keep water down though) so i decided to go to the hospital to get some tests done to ease my mind and make sure it's nothing more than a UTI. So we got there and waited about 2 hrs before we got to see the doctor. they gave her meds for the fever and pain and she was feeling just perfect (it always happens when they give her tylenol and when we go to see the doctor she is fine makes me look like a liar) so the doctor looked at her and he said that they headache concerened him too and that he wanted to get some tests done on her. Well they took some blood and put an iv in her hand got it in on the first shot the nurse that was doing it was shaking she was very nervous she said that she gets nervous doing it on children. they were really nice to us. and so we went over to another room where they put her out and did a spinal tap to make sure she didn't have menigitis. Hannah wanted to pray that God would make her feel good so we prayed lots that they tests would come back negative. Well God sure did anwser our prayers and she is just needed the meds that the doctor gave us and she should be fine in a few days today she is feeling better she did vomit twice this morning but she doesn't have a fever or her head doesn't hurt so that's wonderful. It amazes me how this UTI affected hannah I can't beleive how sick she was for just a UTI! THANK YOU GOD for keeping your hand of protection on Hannah and making her feel much better.



Okay so a few funny stories about Hannah when she was coming back off of the "sleepy" drugs.

Well first of all when they put her out she didn't close her eyes it was really freeky it gave me the willys because I know what they were doing to her back and it seemed like she was still awake and feeling everything but I know she didn't she didn't remember anything at all it was great.

When the drugs were wearing off she said "mom you need to cut my nails" and "I forgot to do my quiet time" she lifted her leg way up in the air for no reason and she also kept saying over and over again that she wanted to go home and go to her own bed. It was a very intersting experience and I never want to do that again! I don't wish anyone to have problems with their children. It's scary enough to think that it was a possiablity that she could have been really sick. Praise God for his provision!

Thanks to all of you for caring enough to read about our family!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bless her heart!!! I'm glad she's starting to feel better! How scarey! I would have been a mess if either of my girls had to have a spinal tap! Was it very painful for her after the medcine wore off? We'll continue to pray for Hannah and you as well! I thank God that he instilled mommy instincts in us! You're a great mommy!

(((HUGS)))

jude said...

oh the poor Luv. Must have been a real scary experience for you. I know all the nurses hate having to take blood from kids, even a finger prick. So i can imagine just how much more nervous they would be with an IV. I'm glad she is on the mend, and that everything turned out ok. take care.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god-

I was talking to my friend Joelle today and her little girl, same age as Hannah is going through the same type of thing, they thought e-coli??? and Her sisters daughter in Edmonton ..the same thing. I wonder. Anyways, I am very concerned, hope she gets better really soon. Hugs for you all.

Christy

shauna marie said...

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! alisha... oh my word. Wow, praise the Lord He allowed her to recover like that--and for the doctors! aw. man. wow.

MIKE SAVIDANT said...

We are so glad to hear that Hannah is feeling better.

God Bless
Mike & Sharon